Sangeet Premi Club in conjunction with EthnoSuperLounge are presenting Sangeet Mela 2015, Indian Classical Music and Dance Festival on Saturday 19th September at QLD Multicultural Centre, Kangaroo Point, and seeking sponsors and supporting organisations to enable us to promote Indian classical culture in Brisbane through this magnificent event. Please keep Sep 19 free in your diaries and read on to learn about how you can help to support and cultivate Indian classical culture in Brisbane.
Last year’s Inaugural Sangeet Mela was truly wonderful, highlighting local Indian classical talent in collaboration with top artists from interstate and India. Please take 2 minutes to view our “Sangeet Mela 2014 Magic Moments” video which will quickly give you an all-round idea of the Sangeet Mela concept. If you have 9 minutes, we also have a Highlights video with short clips of each performance, and videos of the whole festival are also online.
AIMS OF SANGEET MELA:
- Cultivate the development of Indian classical music and dance (ICM) in Brisbane on all levels – youth, local amateurs and professionals, in collaboration with interstate and overseas artists.
- Recognition of young talent (under 25) through the Sangeet Premi Rising Star Awards
- Create a high-profile marquee event putting Indian classical music in the spotlight in Brisbane, and putting Brisbane on the map within the Australian ICM community.
VALUES PROMOTED FOR SUPPORTING BUSINESSES/ORGANISATIONS:
- respect and support for Indian traditional culture and values
- pride in Indian classical culture
- respectable, discerning, classy, refined
KEY POINTS FOR SANGEET MELA 2015:
- Similar format to Sangeet Mela 2014, but also including South Indian classical music and dance
- Total budget $10000 – We hope to raise $4500 through sponsorship and $5500 through general ticket sales
- Gold seats (Front row) $150, Silver seats (2nd row) $100, General seats $45/$40 concession.
- Full-colour souvenir programme booklet and on-stage banners featuring sponsors’ logos. (See 2014 programme booklet here.)
- Poster print deadline June 15
- Rising Star Awards entry deadline July 31; winners announced August 15
- Already booked from India: Pt Pooran Maharaj (son of Pt Kishan Maharaj of Benares Gharana of tabla); Sri Gaurav Kohli (excellent rising classical vocalist). Currently in negotiations with similar top level South Indian artist.
- Booked locally: Ku Helena Joshi (Kathak dance with live accompaniment)
- Major sponsors: min $500 incl 3 gold seats – logo on poster, website, programme, banner on stage, name cited in press releases, visibility when awarding Rising Star Awards. Additional donations (above gold ticket price) will be most helpful.
- Additional sponsors: min $300 incl 2 gold seats or 3 silver seats – smaller logo on website, programme, banner. Logo on poster if space permits.
- Supporting organisations:
: Pledge to keep Sep 19 free in your organisation’s calendar
: Publicise Rising Star Awards and Sangeet Mela to membership
: Logo/name on website and programme
: “Major supporters” – Purchase of min $200 worth of gold/silver tickets or min $400 for 10 general tickets (concession price for your organisation’s members) – logo on poster and on-stage banner. Pre-purchased tickets could be in name of organisation but paid for privately by members.
- Private sponsors: Min $300 eg 2 gold or 3 silver – name in programme and website (optional)
: Gold/silver tickets also available individually for anonymous sponsors – book early if you would like to enjoy the concert in front row comfort, as these seats were sold out last year.
Please contact Shen Flindell on 0415106428 or email email@example.com with any enquiries.